Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Interview with Edgar Snow, A famous American Journalist


By XI MEITI Western Media Correspondent.
chinadailyshow.com   


My Interview with Edgar Snow,
 

A famous American Journalist  


Q. Hello Edgar, what is your profession and why did you decide to make it your Carrier?

A. Growing up in Kansas City and having a father who influenced my life in printing and editing, I grew a passion for writing and decided to spend the rest of my life doing what I love. I went to the University of Missouri, which is known to be the best journalism school in the country which helped me succeed in my Carrier.

Q. What event led up to you meeting China’s leader Mao Zedong and how did you become such close friends?

A. After writing so many books and articles about communism in China and the Chinese Communist Revolution, I began to get very interested in Mao Zedong’s work and ended up getting communications through the Underground Communist Network, which got me invited to Mao’s headquarters. This led up to my interview in Zedong, becoming the first western journalist to interview him. I wrote about him in my book, “Red Star Over China”, and after a long day of interviewing, we learned a lot about each other and became close friends.

Q. What is you most important book out of the many other ones that you wrote and what is it about?

A.  My most important book out of all the other ones is “ Red Star Over China”. This book is the most important because it informs people around the world about the guerrilla army, the important leaders in China, and about the daily life of Mao Zedong ( The Leader of The Cultural Revolution). I believe that “Red Star Over China”, is my most influential book.

Q. Thank you very much for answering all the questions, but I’ve heard that you’ve moved from the U.S. to China multiple times, how come?

A. Your welcome and the first time I moved to China was because of my dream to travel around the world. Once I reached Shanghai in 1928, I realized that I couldn’t continue my trip, so I stayed in China. After many years, I moved back to America to meet my first wife and then returned to China because of my job. After that, I was moving back and forth depending on the economy or whether the Country was safe from wars or not.

                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment